Call for Poster Design!
Bloomington Handmade Market is looking for a new artist to create our 2013 holiday craft show poster! BHM is an indie craft fair that showcases the best of modern handmade art + craft with vendors coming from all over the Midwest. This fall marks our 8th event, which will be held on Saturday, November 9th at the Bloomington Convention Center.
Visual artists and graphic designers are invited to submit their innovative and visually compelling artwork designed as an 11”x14” poster. The winning design serves as the central visual image of the show and will be used in promotional materials as well as official BHM merch.
The creator of the artwork selected as the official poster will receive a choosing of either a free booth this November at BHM or free $75 sponsorship level to help promote you and your work. (Check out our sponsors page to see what being a sponsor entails!) The winner will also receive BHM merch that features their design, as well as their logo and link on our website.
Guidelines for submissions:
1. Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 20.
2. Files should be saved in PDF or JPG format (300 dpi, sized at 11"x14").
If your submission is chosen, we will ask for a PSD version as well.
3. You have the option to include or not include text. If you do not include text, we will design the typography for your poster. If you choose to use text, please include:
Bloomington Handmade Market
an indie craft show featuring 50 artists with modern, handmade goods
Saturday, November 9
Bloomington Convention Center
3rd and College
4. Submissions must be original and previously unpublished.
5. BHM will share rights with the artist of the selected artwork submission. BHM will have rights to reproduce, sell and distribute posters, postcards, t-shirts, totes, and buttons using the selected artwork submission.
6. BHM reserves the right to alter the design of the winning poster design to accommodate different sizes for printing and web, as well as to add sponsor logos and other minor changes that may need to be made.
7. Be sure to review the BHM website to see what we’re about and to get a general feel for the aesthetics of the event. Take a peek at our old posters here.
8. Again: Deadline for submissions is September 20!
Have questions? Email us at email@example.com
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Jessica, Sally, & Talia